Barefoot running has been a large trend about ten years ago that lasted a couple of years which pulled in plenty of interest, particularly in social media. At the end of 2008 to early 2009 there were escalating promises that athletic shoes were in fact bad for the athletes and has been responsible for a lot of the injuries which athletes are getting. It was regardless of the extraordinary volume of science and engineering which went into improving running footwear in order to avoid those running injuries. These claims led to a trend for athletes to experiment with running not using athletic shoes and running barefoot or running in what become often called minimalist athletic shoes. Most of these running shoes had minimum technology or features inside them and were simply just a safety covering up of the feet.
The barefoot running craze was pushed by a large existence in social media. There had been loads of web sites, books, courses, magazines and forums focused on and advocating barefoot running. A number of extraordinary promises were made for barefoot running as to what it might do for the athletes. It had been believed that up to 25 % of runners perhaps have experimented in some way with barefoot running. Nonetheless, by late 2013 and earlier 2014 involvement with barefoot running had evaporated away and athletes weren’t any longer excited about it. This lack of interest was despite all the astonishing assertions that got made around the great things about it as well as the statements coming from some that it had been intending to put the running footwear organisations bankrupt. This in no way occurred.
The trend decreased because the assumed benefits rarely built up for the majority of runners who used it. There initially were a lot of comments made how the science backed up without running shoes running, when in actuality there was no research which indicated that it turned out superior and subsequent research has shown that the overuse injury incidence in barefoot or minimalist running is not really less than people who run in the cushioning athletic shoes. There was clearly a lot of research done on barefoot as well as minimalist running, but that science did not reveal that it was any better, it simply demonstrated that it was different. The undeniable fact that there was a huge amount of research which was misunderstood by those who pushed barefoot running as demonstrating it was better, when that is not exactly what it demonstrated.
At the end of the barefoot fad, the Hoka One One running footwear organization launched some maximally cushioned running footwear which were made fun of and loathed by individuals advocating barefoot running. Even though, athletes liked this footwear and the Hoka’s have become a major manufacturer in the athletic shoes market and since 2014 the movement continues to be for the more maximally cushioned running footwear from all of the running shoe companies.
You can find however a tiny group of die hard barefoot athletes which was ever present. Currently the minimalist running shoes make up around 0.3-0.5% of the running shoe market for the recent years. The maximalist running footwear carry on and dominate the market for the past 5-6 years and there is absolutely no indicator of any drop in their market share or even a return of an fascination with barefoot or minimalist running shoes.
- Padded rear collar pad for achilles comfort.
- 5 mm POWER FOOTBED for underfoot cushioning.
- Engineered knit upper for a sock-like fit and flexible feel.
- Zero-drop, non-elevated sole for proper posture and balance.
- Sticky-grip rubber outsole combines grip, traction, and durability for trail-ready performance.
- Sandler, Michael (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 320 Pages - 09/20/2011 (Publication Date) - Crown (Publisher)
- 【Zero drop】Zero Drop, non-elevated sole place the forefoot and heel flat on the ground to allows the feet , putting the feet in a neutral position and naturally adjusting the posture of the feet, back and body posture. Ensures proper posture and reduces stress on joints.
- 【Wide toe box】Barefoot shoes are designed with a wider than average toe box to provides ample space for toes a more active fit that allows your toes to splay into their natural posture，spreading and relaxing your forefoot.
- 【Removable insole】Removable cushioned insoles is designed to support the arch of the foot and reduce the stress on the joints.if you want a "more barefoot" feeling，remove the insole for a better feel of the ground.
- 【Rubber outsole】Flexible, non-slip, wear-resistant rubber sole with steady grip and stability，provides excellent protection for your feet and enables your feet’s a full range of motion，bringing an extraordinary barefoot feeling.
- 【Multiple Occasions】Our men's cross-trainer shoes are perfect for indoor and outdoor activities, such as gym workout, running, walking, cross training, hiking, weightlifting, wrestling, trail running, beach, squats, fishing, boating, jogging, camping, etc.
- Enhanced Exercise Comfort and Aesthetics: The original intention of the design of these barefoot minimalist shoes is to make the exercise both comfortable and aesthetically, bringing stronger and more comfortable "Barefoot Feelings" while amplifying your unique sports style
- High-quality Upper and Rubber Soles: The upper uses upgraded flying knitted fabrics, lighter, and more breathable, greatly enhancing the stretch strength, and can also effectively prevent the entry of sand particles. The high-quality rubber soles have greatly enhanced the anti-slip effect and shock absorption effect, which greatly reduces the pain in knees, calves, toes, and hips caused by various exercises
- Excellent Balance and Additional Grip: Zero-drop sole allows you to easily detect the changes in the terrain, thereby greatly improving the ability to maintain balance. Five wide-toe boxes can provide additional grip and add extra protection to you in a complex environment
- Convenient 2-in-1 Design: Satisfying the convenience of sport, elastic drawstring shoelaces and five-toe shapes, which can easily be put on and taken off like gloves. Adjustable elastic drawstring shoe laces can help you quickly adjust your comfort
- Suitable for Many Exercise and Areas: Cross training, weight training, strength training, trail running, treadmill running, road running, jogging, weightlifting, walking, driving, camping, hiking, traveling, kayaking, boating, rowing; beach, pool, river, sea, and water sports, indoor and outdoor fitness, cardio workouts in the gym, etc, everything shoe
- A wide toe box lets your toes spread and relax.
- Produced using animal free products and processes.
- Removable sockliner (insole) if you want a “more barefoot” feeling.
- True rubber sole provides great protection while still getting the ground feedback.
- Note, if between sizes, order next size down
- Non-marking rubber outsole with good traction.
- Sock uppers ensures ultra freedom, comfort, moisture-wicking and durability.
- Durable rubber outsole was designed to be protective and last in tough nature conditions.
- Without adhesives and seams makes the shoes not just eco-friendlier, but also machine washable.
- This minimalist sock shoes are the perfect alternative to the skin shoes, yoga shoes, barefoot shoes, running shoes, travel and driving shoes, finger and toe shoes, or even water shoes.
- Liphart, Morgan (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 44 Pages - 03/23/2021 (Publication Date) - Morgan Liphart (Publisher)
- Optimal Toe Room - Our water & land shoes feature a wide toe design that promotes natural toe relaxation and spreading, enhancing stability and balance on any terrain.
- Barefoot Freedom - Our innovative barefoot-inspired designs target neglected foot muscles to improve exercise efficiency and reduce injury rates. You can also match sports socks according to your personal habits.
- Lightweight & comfortable - Our water & land shoes are made of stretchy synthetic mesh, perfect for running, training and water beach sports. While ensuring breathability, it also conforms better to the foot muscles, improving comfort as well as athletic performance.
- Removable arch support insole - Provides you with enough support to help you build strength and build your muscles and bones. Drawstring lacing design allows you to get on and off quickly.
- Multi functional performance - With our water shoes, you can also comfortably engage in any activity besides wading, such as walking, running, hiking, rock climbing, gym exercise, and daily wear.
We get commissions for purchases made through links on this website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.